According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health Regulations, children must be immunized with the following before
being admitted to kindergarten:
- Diphtheria and tetanus (Four doses, including a dose after the child's fourth birthday)
- Polio - OPV or IPV (Three doses)
- Measles and Mumps on or after the child's first birthday (Two doses)
- Rubella on or after the child's first birthday (One dose)
- Hepatitis B (Three doses)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) immunity - either from vaccination (Two doses), history of disease (written statement from physician indicating year and month of disease), or laboratory testing.
An up-to-date immunization record from your physician is required for entry into school. Please submit an immunization record when you are submitting your registration materials.
Persons having medical, religious, or philosophical objections to these immunizations should contact the school nurse.
Children entering kindergarten are required by the Pennsylvania Department of Health to have a physical and dental examination. These exams may be done through the school or through the child's personal physician and dentist, no sooner than one year prior to kindergarten entrance.
Questions regarding these requirements can be directed to:
Mrs. Beth Frydrych BSN, RN, NCSN
Certified School Nurse
Franklin Regional Middle School, Mother of Sorrows School
Franklin Regional Health Services Coordinator
724-327-5456, ext. 2013